The IDS Difference
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) was launched more than 20 years ago with a commitment to provide a company of drillers, servicing drillers. This remains true to this day. With multiple branches located in the major drilling communities across the Western United States, IDS provides high-quality products on-demand while offering local service and support.
Our industries continually change, but our dedication remains the same:
- IDS provides quality solutions while offering superior support.
- IDS offers the most cutting edge products in the market.
- IDS fabricates and machines specialized drilling products to your design.
- IDS works hard for our customers from the start of a project to its completion.
IDS has a wide-range of products in all facets of the drilling industry:
- Construction Drilling
- Machining & Fabricating
- Data Communications & Utilities
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Environmental Drilling Including Geothermal Drilling
- Exploration Drilling & Mining including DTH Hammers & Core Drilling Products
We are more than a product list. We are real-world drilling solutions.
The Machining and Fabrication Difference
The machinists and fabricators at Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) started working with the equipment they now design and build. They understand more than just the dimensions required for manufacturing a piece of equipment or products —They remember what it feels like to personally use it. It’s our opinion that only when you know a product well that you can design and manufacture a better version of that product.
The WERKS Machine Division was created with the following principles:
- WERKS starts with the highest-grade materials.
- WERKS requires continuing education from all of our designers and machinists.
- WERKS fabricates and machines all types of equipment including non-drilling products.
- WERKS staff is experienced in the use of manual and electronic dimensional manufacturing and inspection methods.
Our experts work with all types of materials including:
- Stainless Steel
- Bronze & Brass
We design and build your products for exact dimensions & tolerance.
See how IDS can make a difference in your bottom-line.
- Exploration Drilling
- Production Drilling
- HDD Drilling
- Environmental Drilling
- Data Communications and Utility Drilling
- Water Well Drilling
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) offers its customers two distinct advantages in exploration drilling: staff expertise and custom machined products. This type of drilling is on the rise and we are positioned for its growth. We are experienced in Diamond Core Drilling, Reverse Circulation (RC drilling), Reverse Flood, and Rotary Mud products.
Our Edge Over Your current supply chain:
- Real world experience at your fingertips. The IDS team has some of the leading experts in the industry regarding Hammer and Hammer bits. Our team includes former drillers that have used the products that we sell.
- The WERKS onsite Machine and Fabrication shop in Salt Lake City has perfected its custom-designed deep hole RC bits, mud swivels, air swivels, and cross-over subs, along with a multitude of other exploration drilling products.
IDS EXPLORATION DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Core Boxes
- Drifter Rods
- Foot Clamps
- Casing Jacks
- Drill Collars
- PDC Drill Bits
- Deep Hole RC Bits
- Submersible Pumps
- Blast Hole Drill Steel
- Air and Mud Swivels
- Wireline Accessories
- Stainless Steal Casings
- Hammer & Hammer Bits
- High Pressure Mud Pumps
- Tri-cone Bits, New & Rerun
- Well Sand NSF and Regular
- Reamers and Hole Openers
- Top Hammer Drilling Tools
- Interchanges and Interchange Subs
- RC Drill Rods, Rotary Drill Rods
- HPDE Piping & Fusion Equipment
- Diamond Core Drill Bits & Rods
- Drilling Fluids, Muds and Polymers
- Blow Down Subs and Blow Up Subs
- Swivels, Reverse Circulation Wear Parts
- Core Rods and Diamond Core Drill Rods
- Core Lifters, Core Barrels and Core Latches
- Wrenches, Tongs, Deck Tooling and Accessories
- Slotted Well Screen – PVC, Covered, Wire Wrapped
- Mud Pumps & Parts, Suction Hoses and Discharge Hoses, RC Hoses
- WERKS Machine (custom products per customer requirements)
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) offers equipment and tooling in production drilling. A variety of factors need to be considered when making a purchase because each project possesses their own unique combination of geological conditions, mineral deposit characteristics, and safety concerns. IDS provides a solution – not just a product list. We work with you throughout the entire process and provide support even after the sale is complete.
IDS PRODUCTION DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Drill Mud, Fluids, and Lubricants
- Hammer Bits
- Tri-cone Bits
- Drill and Blast Steel
- Wrenches, Tongs and Deck Tools
- HDPE Poly Pipe, PVC Pipe and Conduit
- Percussive Top Hammer Bits, Drill Rod, and Accessories
WERKS Machine (Custom products per customer requirements)
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has been a major supplier in the Horizontal Directional Drilling for over 20 years. Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) has made the impossible, possible. This method is used when trenching or excavating is not practical and is suitable for a variety of soil conditions with jobs including road, landscape and river crossings.
IDS has capitalized on this industries’ needs and understands the products and service commitment necessary to continue growing its markets.
- IDS only offers world-class manufactured products.
- IDS are an authorized dealer for Melfred Borzall products.
- IDS can custom-machine HDD tooling that’s fit for your job site.
IDS HDD DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Drill Rods
- Lead Rods
- Paddle Bits
- Mud Motors
- Drilling Fluids
Government regulation requires that accurate environmental data be provided for most commercial, residential, and military projects. Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has played a critical supply role in every major environmental drilling project on the West Coast over the past 20 years.
All of our locations provide local support and are able to supply a complete range of environmental products. We offer an extensive product list, and with our WERKS machining and fabrication center, we have the option to manufacture items for specific job applications.
IDS ENVIRONMENTAL DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Drive Shoes
- Well Pack Sand
- Steel Well Casing
- Sonic Core Bags
- Diamond Core Bits
- Hallow Stem Augers
- Drill Mud and Fluids
- Slotted PVC Well Screens
- Well Covers, Plugs, Caps
- Hammers and Hammer Bits
- Stainless Steel Well Screens
- Sonic Bits & Sonic Drill Rods
- Tri-Cone Bits, New and Rerun
- Drill Collars and Slide Hammers
- Hole Openers, Reamers and Subs
- Suction Hoses and Discharge Hoses
- PVC and Stainless Steal Centralizers
- DTH Hammers and Center Return Hammers
- Submersible Pumps, Surge Blocks and Swabs
- Sample Tubes, Core Boxes and Split Spoons
- Slurry Test Kits, Viscosity Funnels and Cups
- Drag Bits, RC Tri-Cone Bits and Bladder Bits
- Augers, Auger Bits and Auger Flight Reconditioning
- Drill Rods, Core Rods, Dual Tube Drill Rods and Tooling
- Mud Pumps (Centrifugal Pumps, Triplex Pumps, Duplex Pumps)
- WERKS Machine (Custom products per customer requirements)
Data communications is a major player in the construction drilling industry. The need for CATV, phone, fiber optic, electrical, water, and sewer lines are the main reasons that this has become a growing market for new development and maintenance on older residential and commercial construction.
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has been assisting telecomm contractors with their product needs every step of the way.
The future of this industry is moving in a “smart” direction and IDS is not only excited, but fully-equipped to supply products for this technology. Smart technology will make the roads, railroads, and bridges safer with the use of fiber optic technology. Soon the technology built into our infrastructure will work with the technology of our transportation vehicles, assisting with slowing down trains automatically when taking curves and assisting tired drivers to remain on the roads, returning them home safely.
IDS offers a complete line of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) products and an educated sales team dedicated to recommending the highest quality product solution to meet any project budget.
IDS DATA COMMUNICATION AND UTILITY DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Tracer Wire
- Poly Piping & Conduit
- Warning Tape
- Power Pedestals
- Grounding Products
- Traffic Signal Cable
- Pull Tape (Mule Tape)
- Street Lighting Cables
- Polymer Concrete Boxes
- HDPE Innerduct and Conduit
- Fiberglass Conduit and Fittings
- HDPE Fittings and Accessories
- Ridgid Steel Conduit and Fittings
- PVC Electrical Conduit and Fittings
- Fiber Optic Cables and Accessories
- Copper and Aluminum Building Wire
- HDPE Fusion Machine – Sales and Rentals
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has been an active player in the water well drilling market. IDS has been a major player particularly in large bore wells. Numerous well drilling groups use IDS because they have come to depend on our expertise in water well drilling. Our focus is larger municipal wells, agricultural and industrial wells, and we have been expanding our reach into salt-water disposal wells.
IDS offers a full product line for the water well drilling industry including specialized tooling, custom built equipment, and rebuilds of hole openers, stabilizers, shock subs, and other related items. We can also provide various ASTM well casing and well screens.
WATER WELL DRILLING PRODUCTS
- Drag Bits
- Tri-cone Bits
- Gearwrench Parts
- Well Sand Products
- Water Well Casings
- Drill Steel and Subs
- Drilling Fluids and Muds
- DTH Hammers & Hammer Bits
- Custom Hole Stabilizers and Hole Reamers
- Slotted PVC and Stainless Steel Well Screens
It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to the Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) website. These are exciting times at IDS with our growth and additions to our team. We hope our portal creates an opportunity for our valued customers and new visitors in the Western United States to learn more about our leading-edge drilling products & services, branch footprint, and customer-focused organization.
This website is designed to provide a comprehensive and in-depth review of IDS, reflecting the pride we, as IDS employees across the Western United States, have in our continuing growth and current success. It conveys our sense of mission and vision – to become the preferred industry leader for drilling products and accessories. Looking around our website, you’ll see that our expertise covers the entire drilling products value chain. These products are our company’s lifeblood, and we build on that to manufacture, stock, distribute, service, and support a wide range of those critical-in-need drilling products.
To meet the challenges ahead and to fulfill all our stakeholders’ expectations, we have refocused the company’s strategic initiatives embracing improved business practices, focusing on enhancing the customer experience, operational efficiency, and people development. We have identified a number of key growth areas in the drilling industry that we intend to focus on in the coming years in addition to actively examining new business opportunities that offer more value-add to our existing and developing customer base. Our WERKS machining & fabrication operations is but one of these growth opportunities we will be capitalizing on.
IDS continues to be a success story that would not be possible without the contribution of our customers and dedicated employees who have shared in our incredible growth since 1995. We look forward to continuing to serve and engage with them as well as other stakeholders in the future. We appreciate the ongoing support received from those who are interested in IDS’ activities and pledge to continue in our efforts to exceed expectations.
We invite you to learn more about Intermountain Drilling Supply by reviewing the information on our website. Thank you for taking the time to visit and we enthusiastically welcome any constructive feedback you may have.
We hope you will consider joining us as we guide our company towards a bigger and brighter future…
The IDS Team
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has a Logistic service that is unmatched by our competitors. Services include Hot Shots Delivery, Less Than Full Truck Load (LTL) and Dedicated Semi Loads. IDS takes care of its customers by providing support during the entire sales process.
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) wants to give all of our customers the tools to succeed. Many of our product suppliers offer classes for IDS customers in Mud Applications, Rotary Bit Usage, and Hammer Bit Drilling. These classes focus on providing knowledge that is important to increase the life of drilling products. IDS will continue to add classes for our customers.
WERKS Machine is a division of Intermountain Drilling Supply company located in Salt Lake City that custom machines and fabricates products. WERKS Machine has used innovative technology to custom design drilling equipment since 1997 and has provided IDS customers with an alternative to “stock” products. WERKS Machine handles complete engineered designs, rebuilds, and maintenance programs.
- Drill Head Rebuilds
- Shock Sub Rebuilds
- Roller Reamer Rebuilds
- Onsite Mock Up and Design Builds
- Hammer Rebuilds and Maintenance
- Cylinder and Hydraulic Pump Rebuilds
For more information, contact our WERKS Business Development Manager, Kevin Ostergaard at firstname.lastname@example.org »
Intermountain Drilling Supply (IDS) has always been an innovator in the Drilling Supply industry. IDS has very exciting new programs that will be launched in 2016. Ask a Sales Reps for more information.
System Rentals through Baroid IDP offer multiple water treatment options with Cleanwave. Bariod Surface Solution provides solids control systems, drilling fluids, dewatering equipment and a Total Fluids Management System for drilling fluids.
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) is a program the puts a custom stocked toolbox on the job site. Each toolbox is specific to the product needs of the project and customers will only be charged for what is used.
Ask about our Mining Products Centers.
More than just a product list, get the IDS difference.
Product Use & Application Videos
Watch one of IDS’s experienced employees disassemble a DTH hammer. IDS has all of the equipment necessary to rebuild and maintain your DTH hammers.